Saturday, March 22, 2008

Iron Ladies of Liberia

On April 9th, 2008 PBS will re-air Iron Ladies of Liberia an insightful, behind-the-scenes look at the first year of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's administration. Narrated by filmaker Siatta Scott Johnson of Monrovia, the 75 minute documentary illustrates for viewers the challenges faced and tactics used by the Iron Lady herself, as well introduces us to other leading ladies in Liberia's public sector such as Beatrice Munah Sieh, the national police chief, and Minister of Finance, Dr. Antoinette Sayeh.

In addition to profiling Liberia's movers and shakers, the movie is an excellent glimpse into Monrovia's recent past. Check it out - or buy it!

2 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you

The pale observer said...

Great blog!
I wanted to touch base, let you know I really like your writing and let you know I’m adding you to my blogroll.

I am a Canadian living and working in Ghana for the past 12 years. I travel to Liberia and write a lot about the region. Please check out my blog (and add to your list, if you like it that is!)

http://www.hollisramblings.blogspot.com

All the best

Cheers

Holli